Part IV - Forecasts
|Foreword |||ARPEGE and AROME |||Tarbes CDM local forecast|
During the field campaign, a forecast secretary will analyse and report the meteorological situation for the operations. The task consists in:
- Using the BOC to analyze all interesting outputs (forecasts and observations): analyses, forecasts from ARPEGE and AROME, satellite images, radar images, early morning sounding, etc...
- Calling the French local forecaster from Tarbes Meteorological Center. There will be a call in the evening to discuss the situation for the following days and sometimes, when needed, another call just before the morning briefing.
- Summarizing the info in a PPT file
- Discussing with the secretary and coordinator if time allows
- Presenting the forecast in the morning briefing
- Making a pdf forecast report to be put on the BOC
- Updating the forecast for the evening briefing